A collection of monuments in an area of 300 hectares, in the northern and most charming part of Tehran. The Saadabad historical complex in Tehran as a Tourist Attraction is one of the most beautiful cultural and artistic collections. One of the most important museums in the palace complex of Saadabad is the Mellat Museum, the Green Museum Palace, the Omidvar Brothers Museum, the Farshchian Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts.
Saadabad Palace Complex
Saadabad Palace in Tehran is one of the great tourist attractions and museums that attracts many people every day to show their beauty and breadth. There are many people who travel to this palace to enjoy their beauty, circulation, photography, general information, history, and more. The Saadabad complex has spent four historical periods of Qajar, Pahlavi and Pahlavi II, and after the Iranian Revolution. Saadabad was built during the Qajar period and the summer residence was the kings of this dynasty.
After the coup d'état of 1299, in a new area and the annexation of various gardens, it was dedicated to the summer residence of Reza Khan, and fourteen small and large palaces, each of which were built in style in architecture for various occasions and necessities.
The most famous building is the Green Palace, Because of the green marble facade of the palace is known as this name.. It is said that the marble rocks used in the palace's facade are from the mines of Zanjan and the ruins of Shemiranat. Saadabad Palace has two floors and it was built at the time of Sardar Sepah being Reza Shah. Later used the palace as a residence and office. The bedroom without the Reza Shah bed, which you see in the pictures, is located in this palace.
The most famous place is the dining room where its seventy-meter rug is very beautiful and expensive, and the rest of its decoration belongs to the eighteenth century French.
The Mellat palace is inspired by the royal palaces of France and is the most important object inside of it is the desk of Marie Enterwant and the paintings by Behzad's master. The royal family stayed in the palace during the summer and, as its name implies, the palace's facade was completely white.
In the underground there is a banquet hall used by Farah Pahlavi to display royal gifts, artefacts and contemporary art from Iran and other countries and is currently used as an exclusive art museum.Previously, there was a greenhouse in this place, where a variety of rare flowers and plants were taken care of.
The royal dishes are located in the east of Saadabad's historical cultural complex. It was built on the orders of Reza Shah for Ashraf (twin sister of Shah) between 1815 and 1815. According to the order of Ashraf Pahlavi, since 1350, the interior and exterior of the building has been renovated and has been developed and moderated in an area of 2600 square meters with an infrastructure of 1800 square meters in two floors and its interior design with the presence of designers and foreign specialists, It was designed in French style and its outer appearance was from stone to white marble.
Currently, more than 500 pieces of dishes and decoration items are exhibited in this museum in five halls in two floors and developing the exhibition space and exhibited objects. Most of the dishes are from reputable factories in the world, such as Limoges, Sur, Bavaria, Rosenthal, etc. The dishes displayed are divided into three categories: Qajar, Pahlavi and donated dishes, which have been purchased in different circumstances and have been donated to the second Pahlavi and his wife.
The museum consists of a complete collection of the culture and way of life of mankind, and an everlasting spectacle, from various developments in all aspects of human life that have come into being throughout the different ages. The building of the Museum of Anthropology is the former palace of Shams Pahlavi, located on the northwest side of Saadabad. The base was built in 1314, and its construction lasted until 1318. The building has an approximate area of 2,600 square meters, comprising two floors and one underground. Architecture is modeled according to the style of European architects, especially German, and has used Sassanid Iranian architecture as well as in the upper decorative facade of the building.
The interesting thing about this palace is that there is still no trace of photographs or dresses of Queen Soraya and Fawziah. Photos of the time of the aging of Farah Diba after the revolution are also in this collection. In this palace, royal clothing, which is unique to Farah Pahlavi, has been exhibited.
This mansion is one of the buildings of the Qajar period in Saadabad, where Reza Shah, after settling in the Alikhan hill and after building the green palace, is decorated with royal collection. This two-storey building and its southern structure, which now houses the Farshchian master's museum, is a collection of two interior and exterior mansions of a garden.
The exterior mansion (the Farshchian Master's Museum) consists of a bungalow and leads to a porch on the three sides and is located on the south side, and the Indoor Mansion (Museum of Prominent Persons) is located in the north, and from both sides of the north and west The leads to the columnar porch.
The two mansions were reigned by Reza Shah as the exclusive palace of Queen Turan Amirslomani (third wife of Reza Shah and mother of Gholamreza Pahlavi). The outer mansion was the residence of the Queen and was in the interior of the Mansion, his crew. Then, before the victory of the Iranian Revolution, the palaces were assigned to the nearby Mohammad Reza Pahlavi soldiers residing in Saadabad. Inside the museum, a brief biography of Iran's persistent figures in various fields, along with several statues of Iranian scholars.
In the central part of the Saadabad complex, the museum was formerly the residence of Reza Shah and her fourth wife, Queen Esmat, who lived there during the reign of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the brother of the Shah, and then his special chef, and later became the warehouse. This building, after restoration, was opened in 2001 in the name of Master Farshchian 's Miniature Museum. The museum consists of 5 halls, and more than 70 works from this artist.
The miniature museum of Professor Hossein Behzad is located in the central part of Saadabad. The museum's building dates back to the late Qajar and early Pahlavi periods. During the reign of this museum, it was known as the Karbas Palace, which was used as a recreation center and a place for Reza Shah, and was used by Reza Pahlavi during his childhood and adolescence as a royal palace. After restoration, the museum was opened in 1973, on the occasion of the centenary of Behzad's birth. The museum has five halls, and is used from the ground floor of the museum as an exhibition and training venue. The works of this valuable Iranian artist in this museum have been exhibited.
The museum is located in the central part of Saadabad. This building was built in two floors and one underground, on the order of Reza Shah, in 1314 solar, for his second wife Taj al-Muluk. The above-mentioned building was rebuilt from Sahel Abad's engineering unit from 1971 to 1972 and was renamed Shahram, the great son of Ashraf Pahlavi, and became known as Shahram Palace.
One of the magnificent monuments, located at the southernmost point of Saadabad, is a The building that has been located in the courtyard since 1346 to 1357 and has been exploited since the 1981 Museum of Fine Arts. The museum attracts the attention of many art historians, the building of this mansion dating back to the Reza Shah era, and since the building was made of black marble rocks (extracted from the valley Abad Chalous mine), the palace Asad (or the Black Palace) is famous.
The first half of every year (Saturday to Friday) from 9:00 to 18:45, ticket sales until 17:30
The second half of every year (Saturday to Friday) from 9 to 17, ticket sales until 16:00
Zafaraniyeh Door: Valiasr Street - Shahid Falahi Avenue (Zafaraniyeh) - End of Shahid Kamal Taheri Street - Saadabad Historical Cultural Complex